Health Information, Health Care, Health Tips and Techniques, The context in which an individual lives is of great importance on health status and quality of life. Health is maintained and improved not only through the advancement and application of health science, but also through the efforts and intelligent lifestyle choices of the individual and society. Here are some basic tips for maintaining a good health.
You don’t have to belong to a gym club. Thirty minutes walk every day will to prevent weight gain and encourage moderate weight loss.
- Eat healthy
Reduce fat intake, cut down on sugar and opt for fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Healthy food will also lead to better blood sugar control.
- Reduce stress
Not everything we want we get. We have to accept that there are things that we cannot control. Managing time is also of great importance too. We must allow ourselves enough time to get things done. Set a time during the day for relaxation.
- Improve sleep
Avoid caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and other chemicals that interfere with sleep. Equip your bedroom with a comfortable mattress and pillows. Sleep in a dark clean and quiet environment.
Meditation has been linked to a variety of health benefits. It has been linked to changes in metabolism, blood pressure, brain activation, and other bodily processes.
- Positive thinking
People who think positively have an optimistic view of life that affects their health and well-being. Optimism has been shown to explain between 5–10% of the variation in the likelihood of developing some health conditions, notably including cardiovascular disease,stroke, depression, and cancer.
- Going on a gluten-free diet? Add almonds to it. They provide much needed iron, fiber and protein.
- Almonds help reduce the risk of heart disease. They are rich in magnesium, which prevents heart attacks and hypertension
- Almonds are ideal for headaches as they contain salicin, which is an agent in painkillers
- Almonds have folic acid, which helps to protect a fetus from birth defects. They also help in healthy cell growth and tissue configuration
- The potassium present in almonds helps to regulate blood pressure, and they are low in sodium, helping manage blood pressure
- Feel a headache coming on? Cut a green apple in half and smell it to reduce the brain thumping symptoms of a migraine.
- Eating apples reduces chances of getting a stroke.
- Ice apple is highly nutritious and is loaded with carbohydrates. It has a nearly neutral ph reading.
- Water apples or Syzygium samarangense, are loaded with Vitamin A. They help to maintain good eye health.
- Your pearly whites can gleam. Eat apples, oranges, celery, carrots and high fiber green.
- Biting and chewing an apple stimulates the production of saliva, reducing tooth decay by lowering the levels of bacteria.
- Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar level.
- On a hot day, eat a banana to lower your body temperature. It will also help you bring a fever down.
- Bananas are high in magnesium and potassium which relax the blood vessels and maintain electrolyte balance to cure a headache.
- Bananas can reduce cramps associated with menstruation as they are loaded with potassium, which helps reduce water retention.
- Packed with natural sugars, and higher in starch than most other fruit, bananas provide the perfect blend of instant and slow-releasing energy
- Beetroot are rich in soluble fibres that help reduce and control bad cholesterol. Add them to your regular diet.
- Beetroot has nitrates which ensure adequate blood supply and hence oxygenation to all parts of the body equally. This, in turn, prevents fatigue.
- Have a glass of beetroot juice every day to keep osteoporosis and brittle bone disease at bay.
- Beetroot can increase the blood flow to the brain which in turn reduces the effect of dementia.
- Beetroot helps maintain healthy skin by reducing acne and pimples.